Simple, beautiful, functional. A piece of art. A conversation piece.
And, it makes an amazing cup of coffee. Chemistry meets art meets coffee.
The vessel is a one-piece, hourglass shape made of high quality, heat resistant glass. It’s wrapped at the middle with a wooden collar fastened with a leather belt.
The Chemex® Coffeemaker (with a Chemex-Bonded® Coffee Filter) makes delicious, clean, pure tasting coffee. With the Chemex® method, you can make coffee as strong as you like without bitterness.
Some Fun Facts About the Chemex®
- Invented in 1941 by Peter Schlumbohm (July 10, 1896 – 1962)
- Family-owned company since 1980 (headquarters located in Western Massachusetts, USA)
- Made from a non-porous, borosilicate glass for clean-tasting coffee
- The “handle” is wood collar and tie for easy-grip pouring
- On permanent display at MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) in New York City.
- Selected by the Illinois Institute of Technology as one of the 100 best designed products of modern times.
(*fun fact* sources: http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/about-us and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schlumbohm)